Have you had a travel bucket list for a while ? Where have you been dreaming about ? Now’s the time to tick something off your list. But how do you pick which destination to go to ?? Try this neat little quiz from The Travel Channel that might help you along. Can’t wait to hear what you got – WooHoo I got PARIS !!!
Here’s some tips that might help you when planning your next vacation:
Full article here
- Do your research. If you don’t already know WHERE you want to go next, start looking on Social Media. Instagram is a great place to look for destination photos, there are lots of pages on Facebook etc. for destinations like: Visit Scotland, Italy, Tourism Ireland …….also, Pinterest is an absolute Gold Mine for Travel information.
- Ask around. If you know of friends, family or colleagues that have visited a destination you are interested in, reach out and ask them what they thought ? pros and cons, special experiences or activities they did, best restaurants etc.
- Travel Blogs: These are a great resource to find the best recommendations for unique experiences, local restaurants off the beaten path and much more… Google search a travel blogger for a particular destination
- Keep a travel journal or spreadsheet incorporating your wishlist.
- Look at reviews: When you find some options, check out Trip Advisor and Yelp to get some reviews. Take some of the reviews with a grain of salt unless there are multiples of the same type of review..