Our fearless leader, Meredith had the pleasure of visiting the brand new ski resort in France !! Club Med Les Arcs Panorama. They literally opened the doors (or slopes) this month – it looks amazing (see some of the photos below). It’s definitely a bucket list of mine to go ski at a European resort. We have so many great ski resorts here in the US too but it’s expensive by the time you pay for accommodations, meals, lift tickets and equipment rentals….
The Club Med package is ALL INCLUSIVE – that’s right !!! In addition to the resort itself, you could plan a fantastic pre or post stay in a European city. You can kill two birds with one stone and when you look at the budget, it may come in very similar to a US Ski vacation. Here’s a review of the resort and surrounding area.
First impressions of Club Med Les Arcs Panorama, a brand new, all-inclusive, ski resort in the French Alps…
1) incredibly beautiful scenic drive from Geneva getting here, although I did cling to my seat a few times on those turns
2) gotta love brand, spanking new ski equipment just a few floors down
3) super clean locker area for equipment storage
4) ski in/ski out access is like a half skip…my ski locker is 3 steps from the snow
5) very modern, cheerful, clean accommodations that have a Virgin Atlantic design vibe
6) super friendly, helpful staff, each of whom speaks 3-5 languages.
And I haven’t even skied yet. I think I’m gonna like it here!
Another Highlight: One of the coolest things about a Club Med, All Inclusive European ski vacation has nothing to do with skiing…it’s the close proximity to a charming French, Italian or Swiss village. Yesterday, we ventured down into Bourg-Saint-Maurice using the trolley, and had so much fun touring the cheese factory and doing a little shopping. My highlight was consuming the most perfect pain au chocolat from a local boulanger.!!
So come on !!! Let’s check it out this year